Sunday, December 20, 2015

Road Bike Adjust Saddle Could Use A Tweak

Road Bike Adjust Saddle Could Use A Tweak

If you are a recreational road biker like me and somewhat new or returning to the sport here's a tip for you regarding your saddle position. 

When you first got your bike undoubtedly you had the seat and handlebar positions set for your optimal riding position and comfort.  However, what did you use at the time for determining a base line of your comfort or riding position?  You may have been fortunate to have someone at a local bike shop guide you through the process of fitting the bike to you, or perhaps like me you did a bit of research and adjusted the saddle and handlebars on your own.

Regardless, you are the one who provided the feedback to the shop techie or to yourself as to what felt comfortable to you.  I know I did and without much knowledge back then as to what is correct or comfortable for me. After all this was all new to me at the time.

So, today my tip is to revisit the process you used to set your saddle position back then and don't be afraid to tweak previous settings that you made. I found that after riding for a while I begin to "scooch" forward on the seat because my sitting bones were too high up on the saddle. By moving the saddle away from the handlebars I now have a lot more riding comfort, and I feel like my pedaling has more power,  Its a win win!  You may benefit from doing the same.


 #roadbike #cycling

No comments:

Post a Comment